Pittsford, New York An Outstanding Quality of Life
Outstanding Quality of Life for Your Family in Pittsford, New York
Sometimes it’s hard to find the right place to settle. Where will I shop every week? Where is the best school for my children? Will they have a great place to grow older? Are there enough green areas? Well, you can finally stop looking! Come to Pittsford, where you will find a quality of life as you never imagined before.
Because education should come first, you’ll love to know Pittsford schools spend $18,478 per student, while the US average is $12,383. Also, there are 13 pupils per teacher, 617 students per librarian, and 325 children per counselor. We have up to 8 public schools and 1 private school. Public schools are administered by the Pittsford Central School District, which has received the New York State Governor’s Excelsior Quality Award.
Sounds great, isn’t it? That’s not all. On top of being a great place to live and getting proper education for your children, you’ll find beauty in every corner of Pittsford. The shops and restaurants are friendly and picturesque. In the late 19th century, Pittsford’s access to the Erie Canal created a commerce boom. Some of the old buildings and barns on the canal have been converted into restaurants, cafes, and shops.
The people of Pittsford are among the friendliest you’ll meet anywhere in the country, and always welcoming of new neighbors! Widely known for its beautiful scenery, rich history, and wonderful homes, Pittsford is the perfect place to live in Monroe County. And, as we mentioned, has a highly-rated school system.
Our Town, located in the southeastern portion of Monroe County about eight miles from the city of Rochester, New York, “is an active commerce hub and has a variety of shopping opportunities within the Village, along Schoen Place, in Northfield Commons or down the Monroe Avenue corridor and Pittsford Plaza.” – Town of Pittsford
Are you attracted to Pittsford already? We got more. Our RPP Sold Team selected our five favorite places to visit and get to know in this amazing town.
- Carpenter Park at the Port of Pittsford: Pittsford has 11 town parks within its borders. One of the most known is Carpenter Park. Here you’ll enjoy the sitting areas with benches, picnic tables, and walkways. You can also visit the upper park area, which includes Pittsford Veterans Monument.
- Historic Pittsford: Have you heard about the “Little House”? Located at 18 Monroe Avenue in Pittsford Village, visiting this house will make you feel like you have traveled back in time. The neighborhood’s historic architecture is well-preserved, despite the urban progress you might see around it. Historic Pittsford is proof that not all new things are good. There are places that definitely are worth to be preserved!
- Powers Farm Market: You’ll find Powers Farm Market is a thriving, beloved community landmark that has flourished throughout the years. Along with our top-quality Powers-grown natural food products, this Market is also famous for its delicious baked goods, beautiful flowers, plants, one-of-a-kind gifts, and treasures.
- Schoen Place & Pittsford Village Food Tour: Pittsford Food Tours were launched in April 2017. You will enjoy the breathtaking sites and the bites along Schoen Place and Pittsford Village on the Erie Canal. Here you can eat, experience, and enjoy your way through some of the nicest areas.
- Aladdin’s Natural Eatery: Locally owned and operated since 1980, this is a restaurant that strives to serve all-natural foods, locally grown when in season. You’ll taste rich flavors like sea salt, filtered water, raw sugar, and extra virgin olive oil in their food.
You’ll find visiting and living in Pittsford is highly desirable! And real estate can get quite competitive! Luckily for you, we’ve expert agents who specialize in the Pittsford market. Check out this amazing community and give us a call, we can show you around and share some tips to find your special place in Pittsford.