Penfield, New York where the Progress Never Stops
Penfield, New York: where the Progress Never Stops
Penfield, New York, makes its motto, “A Town of Planned Progress,” more than words. The town of Penfield, founded in 1810, was the first of the seven east-side towns in the county to be established. The lands belonged to Daniel Penfield, who also gave his name to Penfield. His house still stands at 1784 Penfield Road.
The town of Penfield borders Irondequoit Bay and is only a few miles west of Rochester. It is close to the Lake Ontario coast and has many neighborhood parks that are excellent for outdoor recreation. The town’s leadership and staff are focused on quality, efficiency, safety, and productivity. These leaders are committed to preserving and improving the Penfield community’s quality of life.
This town is proud of its rich history. There’s been planned growth since its foundation. The population is one aspect that increased significantly. By 1970, at least 23,732 people lived here. But the current number is estimated to be around 37,000. Penfield communities currently experience rapid growth and progress as a result of the region’s growth.
Nowadays, it’s one of the most prominent towns in the Rochester area, with a sparse suburban feel, a rich natural beauty, and growth that’s always rising. The schools are exceptional, and like other towns in Rochester, they’re highly ranked. There are thriving business districts and engaged residents. There are also excellent parks and recreation areas and unique natural treasures.
In Penfield, you can find a reasonably priced home to take advantage of the area’s commercial expansion. The housing market in Penfield is very competitive, and homes usually sell in 8 days. To help you decide, we’ve come up with a list of the top places to visit in Penfield! Check it out!
- Wickham Farms: Wickham Farms is located on beautiful farmland in upstate New York, just a short drive from Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, and the Finger Lakes Region! They have activities, food, and a beautiful farm that will keep you busy all day exploring and making memories!
- Penfield Symphony Orchestra: The Penfield Symphony Orchestra is a fantastic production that many people enjoy. The orchestra has been producing amazing symphonic music for over 60 years and is a treat for the entire family. David Harman conducts the orchestra, which is made up of 90 professional musicians.
- Board & Brush: Board & Brush provides a wide range of private, hands-on experiences. You could go to workshops, private parties, bridal showers, corporate events, and fundraisers. All educational workshops cost a flat fee that includes everything you need. You’ll walk away with a beautiful, classic wooden piece to adorn your walls, as well as the knowledge to make another one at home!
- Penfield Country Club: Penfield Country Club was established in 1958 by a group of local businessmen to create a high-quality golf course experience. That tradition is still going strong nearly 60 years later. The club’s mission is to provide an exceptional, family-oriented recreational experience. Its membership strives for camaraderie and takes pride in providing high-quality programs and services.
- Abraham Lincoln Park: is s 182 acres park and is located in the Town of Penfield along the southeastern shoreline of Irondequoit Bay. In honor of the 200th anniversary of President Abraham Lincoln’s birth, the park was renamed. Outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, and others are available.
A town with a rich history and an even brighter future, Penfield, New York, is the perfect place to buy a house. When you buy or sell, be sure to contact the number one Real Estate Team in New York State. We’ll help you find the home of your dreams in Penfield or any other location in the Rochester’s area. Give us a call!